New Delhi: Bollywood actor Jacqueline Fernandez moved court seeking suspension of a Look Out Circular (LOC) issued against her and permission to travel abroad. On Wednesday, the Delhi court sought the Enforcement Department's (ED) response on the matter, PTI reported.
It was last year, the ED issued the LOC against the actor on an extortion case of Rs 200 crore, in which alleged conman Sukesh Chandrasekhar was also involved.
In her plea, Fernandez requested permission for 15 days to go abroad to attend events in Abu Dhabi, UAE, France, and Nepal.
Additional Sessions Judge Praveen Singh sought a response from the ED and listed the matter for May 18, 2022, for further hearing.
Seeking a response from ED, the Additional Sessions Judge Praveen Singh posted the matter for May 18, 2022, for further hearing.
Fernandez had alleged in her plea that ED had seized her passport without stating any reason. To attend the said events, she prays for the release of her passport and permission to attend the IIFA Weekend & Awards in Abu Dhabi, UAE, she said.
She added that she had been invited to the Cannes Film Festival in France from May 17 to 28 and another show in Nepal from May 27 to 28.
"Grave prejudice will be caused to the applicant if her permission to travel abroad is denied," the application read.
Promising that she is willing to abide by any conditions of the court, she said she always joined the investigation before the ED.
A Sri Lankan national, Fernandez was stopped from leaving India, citing she may have to join a money-laundering case investigation. She was questioned by the probe agency multiple times regarding an ongoing case, which named Chandrashekar and his actor wife, Leena Maria Paul. ED also had grilled actor Nora Fatehi in the case.