Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Schools breeding hatred
access_time 14 Sep 2023 10:37 AM GMT
access_time 16 Aug 2023 5:46 AM GMT
May that spark not be extinguished
access_time 2 Dec 2023 8:55 AM GMT
A Constitution always in the making
access_time 27 Nov 2023 11:43 AM GMT
Debunking myth of Israel’s existence
access_time 23 Oct 2023 7:01 AM GMT
Homechevron_rightBusinesschevron_rightIn Adani’s bathroom,...

In Adani’s bathroom, everybody is naked: Mahua Moitra reacting to ex-Israeli envoy's appointment

In Adani’s bathroom, everybody is naked: Mahua Moitra reacting to ex-Israeli envoys appointment

Tel Aviv: A consortium of Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) and Israel’s Gadot Group that owned the Haifa Port Company (HPC) in Israel has appointed former ambassador to India Ron Malka as the Executive Chairman of the port.

“I’m honoured and privileged to take office today as Executive Chairman of the Haifa Port Company, on behalf of @AdaniOnline. The experience and expertise of Adani and Gadot, combined with the dedication of the port workers, will take Haifa Port to new heights of prosperity,” his tweet read.

Reacting to Malka’s appointment in the Adani port, Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra said that Malka was the one who lashed out at Israeli filmmaker Nadav Lapid for criticising Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Kashmir Files’ at the International Film Festival of India. He is also known, she said, for his loyalty towards Adani.

In a tweet, she said “Israel’s former envoy to India appointed Adani’s Haifa port chairman! This man screamed from rooftops about how clean Adani’s Israeli dealings were. Condemned filmmaker Nadav Lapid for criticising Bollywood Hindutva propaganda film. Adani Hamam Mein toh Saare Nange Hai,”

In July 2022, a consortium led by India's Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) and Israel's Gadot Group won the tender for the privatization of the Port of Haifa, the second-largest port in Israel that handles over half of the country's container cargo.

With a winning bid of $1.18 billion, the Adani-Gadot consortium secured 100% ownership of the Haifa Port Company (HPC).

On January 10, 2023, the APSEZ-Gadot Group consortium completed the acquisition of HPC from the Israeli government. Under the agreement, APSEZ holds a 70% stake in the project, while Gadot holds the remaining 30%. The concession period for the Haifa port extends until 2054.

Ron Malka, who served as Israel's ambassador to India from 2018 to 2021, was not a career diplomat but instead had a strong background in business and finance. With an MBA and a PhD in economics, he was brought in to provide focus and direction to the economic ties between India and Israel.

Malka had previously provided financial advice and guidance to companies and institutions in the Israeli market, as well as international companies in public and private projects. He also served as an economic advisor to the Israeli Prime Minister's Commission to review the defence budget.

During his tenure as ambassador, Malka played an active role in advancing discussions on the India-Israel Free Trade Agreement and the Haifa port project. However, the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in early 2020 disrupted the momentum of these efforts.

Following his return to Israel in the latter half of 2021, Malka was appointed as the Director General of Israel's Ministry of Economy, which is responsible for Commerce, Industry, and Labour.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Gautam AdaniAdani owned Haifa PortFormer Israeli Diplomat to IndiaRon MalkaAdani Group of Companies
Next Story