Bengaluru airport named as world’s most punctual, Hyderabad at 3rd spottext_fields
New Delhi: According to the on-time performance report by aviation analytics company Cirium, Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru has been named the most punctual airport in the world for the last three months consecutively.
Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah (second), Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad (third), Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (fourth), and El Dorado International Airport (fifth) are the other airports that make up the top five list.
The Cirium report ranks the punctuality of airports worldwide based on the percentage of flights that departed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
“The Kempegowda International Airport maintained an impressive on-time departure experience for passengers, with 87.51 per cent punctuality in July, 89.66 per cent in August, and 88.51 per cent in September,” Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) said in a statement on Tuesday.
Detailed list of rankings:
1. Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru, India
2. Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah, the US
3. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, India
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minnesota, the US
5. El Dorado International Airport, Bogotá, Colombia
6. Oslo Airport Gardermoen, Norway
7. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, the US
8. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the US
9. Hamad International Airport, Doha, Qatar
10. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, the US
With inputs from IANS