Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightMan burnt alive in...

Man burnt alive in fire triggered by cigarette stub

text_fields
bookmark_border
Man burnt alive in fire triggered by cigarette stub
cancel

Kochi: Smoking a cigarette proved fatal fora 70-year-old man, who died as the mattress he was sleeping on caught fire after he fell asleep with the burning stub in his house at nearby Kakkanad.

The mishap happened after MK Babu, who was lying down after lunch on Sunday, decided to smoke a cigarette. As he was smoking, he fell asleep with the lighted cigarette, which apparently fell on the mattress, burning it.

The fire spread fast due to a kerosene can near the bed. The inmates of the house and neighbours noticed rushed to the house to find fire and smoke billowing out, police said.

Though he was rushed to hospital, his life could not be saved.

PTI

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story