Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightOver 100 girl students ...

Over 100 girl students fall sick after eating meals at school

Over 100 girl students fall sick after eating meals at school

Neyveli: Close on the heels of 23 children in Bihar dying after consuming contaminated midday meals, over 100 girl students fell sick after eating food served at a school here under the midday meal scheme.

105 girls, students of classes VII and VIII, fell sick after consuming the eggs served in their meal at Neyveli Lignite Corporation-owned Girls' High School, school authorities said on condition of anonymity.

The students were rushed to NLC Hospital and are now out of danger, hospital's child specialist Dr Sridharan said.

Soon after the girls vomited, with some of them fainting, distribution of food was stopped, officials said.

Twenty-three children died in Chhapra in Bihar after consuming midday meal, sparking violent protests amid suspicions by the state government that it was poisoned.

In a related incident, about 50 students of a government middle school in Madhubani district fell ill after eating food under the midday meal scheme.

Show Full Article
Next Story