Panaji: Twenty primary students from a school in Ponda were Friday rushed to hospital after they complained of stomach pain and vomiting after eating a mid-day meal.
An education department official said the students were eating a meal comprising vegetable and lentil curry at the St. Joseph High School in Usgao in Ponda sub-district, 30 km from here.
"They have been immediately shifted to the Ponda ID (Infectious Diseases) hospital for treatment. It appears to be a case of food poisoning," the official said.
The incident comes barely days after 23 school children in Bihar's Saran district died after eating contaminated food.
On June 27, at least 23 school students similarly fell ill after eating a mid-day meal at Canacona, 70 km south of here.