Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightCJM dismisses CBI...

CJM dismisses CBI chargesheet in Saseendran, sons death case

text_fields
bookmark_border
CJM dismisses CBI chargesheet in Saseendran, sons death case
cancel

Kochi: A Court here dismissed the chargesheet filed by CBI in connection with the death of former secretary of Malabar Cements, V Saseendran and his two sons and directed it to conduct a 'scientific' probe and submit further evidence at the earliest.

Giving this direction, Chief Judicial Magistrate V Harikumar said the investigation was not scientific. The Investigating Officer, who collected the evidence of the case had 'beautifully narrated a story ignoring the spirit of the High Court order', the court pointed out.

The credibility of the premier investigation agency was 'under a cloud', the court said.

'I have no hesitation to add that CBI has tried to water down the offence which appears to have been committed by the accused', the judge held.

Saseendran, a key witness in the Malabar Cements corruption case, was allegedly found hanging inside his house along with his two sons aged eight and nine years on Jan 24, 2011.

His house had been locked from outside. His wife had opened the door and found the bodies, the court pointed out.

Radkhakrishnan, a businessman, was arrested in connection with the case.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story