Mumbai: Actor Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Bombay High Court seeking quashing of a complaint filed against him in a magistrate's court which wants contempt action for posting court orders in cases against him on his website.
Mr Khan's petition, in which he pleaded that he had created the website only to ensure that there was no incorrect reporting by the media, is expected to come up for hearing tomorrow before Justice KU Chandiwal.
A magistrate at Bandra court in Mumbai had issued summons to the actor on July 10 this year following a complaint filed by activist Hemant Patil alleging contempt of court action against Salman for allegedly posting court proceedings on his website -- www.salmankhanfiles.com.
The complaint alleged that Mr Khan was embroiled in legal cases including the 2002 hit-and-run case involving him and said that by posting court matters on the website, the actor had committed contempt of court as the matters were subjudice.
Mr Khan, however, pleaded in his petition that he had created a website only to ensure that there was no incorrect reporting by the media and that the website gave factual information about his cases and nothing beyond that. He further said that no contempt had been committed by him.
The actor pleaded that the complaint and the summons issued to him may be quashed and set aside. He said the magistrate had not applied his mind on the complaint filed.