Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court has adjourned until Tuesday the hearing on the bail application of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Ma’dani, an accused in the July 2008 serial bomb blasts in the city.
The court adjourned its order accepting the plea of P Usman, Ma’dani’s advocate, who sought more time to study the medical report of Ma’dani submitted by the prosecution to the court Monday.
In the report, the prosecution has admitted that Ma’dani is having health issues. It, however, says there is no need to give him treatment at multi speciality hospitals. It also says Ma’dani did not cooperate with the treatments provided by the government at government hospitals.
The court had earlier adjourned hearing on the case to Monday as the public prosecutor sought more time to submit the medial report of Ma'dani.
Ma’dani moved the High Court on June 12 seeking bail for further treatment, the police and the prosecution opposed his plea citing cases charged by the Kerala police way back in 1991-’92, but found baseless by courts, contending that he was a “habitual offender.”
He had accused the Karnataka Police of having foisted yet another case on him without any justification and without giving him the opportunity to be heard even as he was facing trial in a case that had been ‘cooked up’ by the BJP government three years ago.
The police had charged the case accusing Ma’dani of having obstructed discharge of duties by police personnel on June 6. He came to know about it only when told by the magistrate who tried him on August 20 through videoconference.
Ma’dani, in a statement on Sunday, had alleged that the treatment meted out to him by the Karnataka Police under the Congress government was worse than that during the BJP rule in the State.
He is lodged in the Parappana Agrahara Central Prison since his arrest in August 2010 in connection with the bomb blasts case.