Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday rejected bail application of Abdul Nasser Ma’dani, PDP leader and a key accused in the July 2008 Bangalore serial blasts.
It is the fifth time the PDP leader’s application seeking bail to take a proper medical treatment is rejected.
In a medical report of Ma’dani submitted to the court earlier, the Karnataka prosecution had admitted that Madani had health problems. The prosecution, however, said that Madani could not be treated in multi-specialty hospitals and the government was ready to provide adequate treatments at government hospitals. The report claimed that Madani declined treatment in government hospitals.
Ma’dany, on an earlier hearing, had said that the prosecution was making baseless allegations against him with regard to his health status.
He, in a statement on Sunday, alleged that the treatment meted out to him by the Karnataka Police under the Congress government was worse than that during the BJP rule in the State.
Maudany also accused the Karnataka Police of having foisted yet another case on him without any justification and without giving him the opportunity to be heard even as he was facing trial in a case that had been ‘cooked up’ by the BJP government three years ago.
The police had charged the case accusing him of having obstructed discharge of duties by police personnel on June 6.
Karnataka Home Minister K.J. George had earlier said that the Karnataka government’s stand on the serial blasts and Ma’dani could not be altered with a change in government.
Ma’dani was arrested from Kollam by the Karnataka police in August 2010 on charges of involvement in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts. Since his arrest, he has been lodged in the Parappana Agrahara Central Jail in Bangalore. At the time of his arrest, a Bharatiya Janata Party government was in power in Karnataka.