Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightProbing German bakery...

Probing German bakery blast convict's claim: Shinde

text_fields
bookmark_border
Probing German bakery blast convicts claim: Shinde
cancel

New Delhi: With Indian Mujahideen lynchpin Yasin Bhatkal not naming German bakery blast convict Himayat Beg as an accomplice, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Saturday said that action will not be taken against anyone found innocent after a full investigation.

Answering queries from media persons here about Bhatkal's reported remarks to interrogators that Baig had nothing to do with 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that there had only been preliminary investigation so far.

"Preliminary investigation with Bhatkal. Till whole investigation done, (we) can't reach any conclusion," he said.

However, he cited example of 2006 Malegaon blasts in which the investigating agency has told the court that it has found no evidence to link nine Muslims arrested in the case.

"If someone is innocent, there will be no action," Shinde said.

Bhatkal, wanted by police in twelve states for alleged involvement in a string of bombing incidents and other terror activities in the last five years, was arrested alongwith his accomplice Asadullah Akhtar last month from India-Nepal border.

Baig, who was sentenced to death in the blast case, had last month pointed to the Bombay High Court discrepancies in separate investigations conducted by Maharashtra, Delhi and Bangalore police in the terror case.

Answering a query if foreign agencies had helped the authorities in nabbing Bhatkal, Shinde said country's intelligence agencies were keeping a track.

"Our intelligence agencies (were) on track for several days," Shinde said.

IANS

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story