Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
keyboard_arrow_down
Login
exit_to_app
Two mind-sets: one here,  the other there
access_time 2021-01-20T13:57:46+05:30
What is Halal? Market strategies and controversy
access_time 2021-01-19T15:54:19+05:30
Arnabs chats cannot be ignored
access_time 2021-01-18T11:33:12+05:30
Women and girls need to be safe
access_time 2021-01-15T15:08:45+05:30
DEEP READAll arrow_drop_down
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightMuzaffarnagar riots:...

Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against MoS, 60 others

text_fields
bookmark_border
Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against MoS, 60 others
cancel

Muzaffarnagar: The district authorities have filed cases against Minister of State for agriculture Sanjeev Balyan and 60 others for violation of prohibitory orders in connection with Muzaffarnagar riots.

A case was filed yesterday against 61 people including Balyan, two BJP MPs Bhartendu Singh and Hukum Singh, BJP MLAs Sangit Som and Suresh Rana, Khap leaders Naresh Tikait and Harikishan Singh Malik, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.

They have been charged with violation of prohibitory orders and contributing communal tension by making inflammatory speeches in community panchayats held on August 31 and September 7 last year, he said.

Disobeying the order by district authorities banning the panchayats, the accused had participated in two panchayats held in Nagla Madore over Kawal incident in the district, added Tripathi.

The court has fixed the hearing for the case on July 16.

PTI

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story