Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
keyboard_arrow_down
exit_to_app
Points to ponder before the Al-Qaeda hunt
access_time 22 Sep 2020 6:25 AM GMT
Farmer rage and Opposition parties
access_time 19 Sep 2020 6:51 AM GMT
access_time 19 Sep 2020 3:50 AM GMT
Going beyond birthday celebration
access_time 18 Sep 2020 6:05 AM GMT
Periyar@142-Revolutionary and Visionary
access_time 17 Sep 2020 11:57 AM GMT
DEEP READAll arrow_drop_down
The ogres in the mind
access_time 8 Sep 2020 11:27 AM GMT
Why worry about populism?
access_time 4 Sep 2020 9:51 AM GMT
Media mind-set towards minorities
access_time 15 July 2020 4:29 PM GMT
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightEntertainmentchevron_rightSelena Gomez:...

Selena Gomez: Body-shaming messed me a bit

text_fields
bookmark_border
Selena Gomez: Body-shaming messed me a bit

Los Angeles: Singer Selena Gomez says being body-shamed after gaining weight really messed her up.

In an episode of her friend Raquelle Stevens' video podcast "Giving Back Generation", Gomez opened up about how comments about her weight affected her mind and her health following her battle with lupus, reports etonline.com.

"I experienced (body-shaming) with my weight fluctuation for the first time," Gomez recalled.

"I have lupus and deal with kidney issues and high blood pressure, so I deal with a lot of health issues, and for me that's when I really started noticing more of the body image stuff," she added.

The "Lose you to love me" singer said that, while her lupus doesn't directly affect her weight, the "combination" of all the different factors of her health struggle does.

"It's the medication I have to take for the rest of my life -- it depends on even the month, to be honest. So for me, I really noticed when people started attacking me for that. In reality, that's just my truth. I fluctuate. It depends what's happening in my life," she shared.

Gomez said that being mocked during that stressful period in her life "got to me big time", and that it "really messed me up for a bit".

She went on to note that she is "very happy with living my life", and she doesn't feel the need to share everything on social media because she doesn't want to live in the past or voluntarily live in the spotlight more than she already does.

"I don't care to expose myself to everyone and hear what they have to say about it," Gomez said.

Despite the body-shaming and the pain, Gomez said that she still strives to live her life by the golden rule: "Treat other people the way you wish you were treated".

Show Full Article