Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_right97 children ill after...

97 children ill after eating pani puri in Madhya Pradesh

text_fields
bookmark_border
97 children ill after eating pani puri in Madhya Pradesh
cancel

Ninety-seven children were taken to hospital due to stomach pain after eating pani puri. The incident took place in Singarpur of Madhya Pradesh's Mandla district.

The children from nearby villages had gone to a fair on Saturday. They experienced vomiting and stomach ache around 7.30 PM. Parents rushed the children to the hospital. All children admitted to the hospital are out of danger and no causality has been reported yet.

Dr K R Shakya said all 97 children were suffering from food poisoning.

By the time police received information of the widespread ailment and rushed to the fair, it was over. A police official said all the children ate pani puri from the same shop. He added that they are trying to find the exact seller who caused the incident as there were several pani puri stalls at the fair. A pani puri seller was detained and samples of the snack were sent for testing.

Union Minister Faggan, who is also an MP from Mandla, met the children at the hospital on Saturday night.

The fair was organized in the tribal-dominated Singarpur area.

Show Full Article
TAGS:food poisoning from pani puri children ill in MP 
Next Story