Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightJ & K Government to...

J & K Government to implement new rule for land conversion

J & K Government to implement new rule for land conversion

The Jammu and Kashmir government announced regulations for the conversion of agricultural lands into non-agricultural land beyond 400 square meters, which was allowed for only residential use.

Conversion of land is believed to be key to providing the union territory with an industrial boost that had previously been hampered by a lack of land for industrial purposes.

Agricultural land in Jammu and Kashmir can now be converted for non-agricultural purposes beyond 400 square meters, according to a statement from the Department of Revenue.

During the hearing of the application for conversion of agricultural land into non-agricultural land, the concerned district development commissioner will head the committee that will determine whether permission is granted after its recommendation.

"The Committee will have the Assistant Commissioner (Revenue) as the Member Secretary and will include senior-most officers in the districts of Public Works (R&B), Irrigation & Flood Control, Power Development, Pollution Control Committee (if required), Agriculture, Industries and Commerce, Development Authority of the district, Forests and any other member(s) co-opted by the Chairman," the official statement read.

District Collectors will be able to call additional meetings to deal with cases of land change. The district-level committee will meet every week on a fixed date to consider cases of change of land use.

The Government has listed certain conditions on which permission for conversion of land use will be granted. The approval for conversion will be based on the provisions of the Land Revenue Act and Rules framed thereunder in Jammu and Kashmir. It may not be used for a purpose other than that for which it was granted permission.

Granting of permission shall be deemed to have lapsed if the applicant doesn't begin the non-agricultural use requested within one year from the grant date and through the maximum two years from the first grant date. If the permission has lapsed, it will be determined by the Assistant Commissioner Revenue/Sub Division.

In addition, the statement stated that the Revenue Department has set a 30-day time limit for the grant of permission.

Show Full Article
TAGS:J and K land conversion latest regulation 
Next Story