Kasaragod woman dies after eating Kuzhimanthi, Minister orders probetext_fields
Kasaragod: A 20-year-old woman in Kerala's Kasaragod died after allegedly eating Kuzhimanthi from a local hotel. Police suspect that it is a case of food poisoning and Health Minister Veena George ordered a probe into the incident.
Anju Sreeparvathy from Perumbala ordered Kuzhimanthi online from a Romansia restaurant on December 31. She fell ill and has been undergoing treatment since then. "A case has been registered after her parents filed the complaint. The girl died early Saturday morning. Further action will be taken based on the forensic report," said the police.
She was first undergoing treatment at a local private hospital and was later moved to another facility in Mangaluru.
The health minister said that directions have been issued to the Food Safety Commissioner to file a report with regard to the incident. "The DMO is also looking into the incident and the treatment given to the girl. The licence of the hotels which are accused of food poisoning will be cancelled under the Food Safety and Standards Act (FSSA)."