Midnight fire engulfs 700 huts in Gurugramtext_fields
In a midnight Incident, Some 700 huts were gutted after a massive blaze that broke out at in Gurugram's Nathupur village . The cause of the fire, which erupted in the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, is suspected to be electrical short-circuit.
Of the 700 huts, 500 were completely gutted and no casualties or injuries have been reported .
According to the fire officials, they received a call of the incident at 2.08 am.
I.S. Kashyap, assistant divisional fire safety officer said to IANS that around 15 fire tenders rom the Sector-29 fire station, Udyog Vihar fire station, Sector-37 fire station, Bhim Nagar fire station and from the DLF had rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control in five hours.
"Teams of several fire personnels were deployed in the fire-fighting and evacuation operations. Most probably the incident was caused by an electric short-circuit," Kashyap told IANS.
"There was some property loss to residents but no death or injuries were caused. The residents are daily wage labourers working at building construction sites," he said.
"Timely rescue operation led by the fire personnels saved hundreds of lives. It is expected that hundreds of people having living in illegal huts erected by local residents on a 4-5-acre land at Nathupur village for the last several years. These two-storey huts are covered with plastic covers, tarpaulin sheets, wood and bamboo. These materials were another reason for the fire to spread across the area very rapidly," Kayshap added.