Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
DEEP READ
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightNIA invokes UAPA...

NIA invokes UAPA against 10 accused of bomb scare near Ambani's house

text_fields
bookmark_border
NIA invokes UAPA against 10 accused of bomb scare near Ambanis house
cancel

Mumbai: The National Investigation Agency invoked terror charges under the UAPA against ten accused, including dismissed police officer Sachin Vaze, in the Antilia bomb scare case and the death of Mansukh Hiren.

In the over 9,000-page charge sheet submitted by the NIA, the arrested officers and others have been accused of allegedly planting gelatin sticks in an SUV near the residence of industrialist Mukesh Ambani. Accused were also charged with murder for the death of Thane resident Mansukh Hiran, who had been using the vehicle and had reported its theft.

The central probe agency filed over 9,000-page charge sheets naming Waze, Sharma and others including Vinayak Shinde, Naresh Gor, Riyazuddin Kazi, Sunil Mane, Anand Jadhav, Satish Mothkuri, Manish Soni and Santosh Shelar. All the accused are in judicial custody.

In a press release, NIA said it found incriminating pieces of evidence against the above mentioned 10 arrested accused during the investigation. They are allegedly involved in various stages of conspiracy of placing explosive-laden Mahindra Scorpio vehicle, its theft and commission of murder of Mansukh Hiran.

The accused have been charged under IPC sections for murder, criminal conspiracy, kidnapping and 'negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances' as well as provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Explosive Substances Act and Arms Act, the NIA said in the release.

The charge sheet cites 200 witnesses, a prosecution lawyer said.

The SUV was found near Antilia on February 25, 2021. Mansukh Hiran, who had claimed that the vehicle had been stolen from his possession, was found dead in a creek in Thane on March 5.

Sachin Waze, posted with the Mumbai crime branch and earlier famous as an 'encounter specialist', was arrested as prime accused and later dismissed from service. Pradeep Sharma, another former encounter specialist officer, had already retired from the police force.

On June 9, the special NIA court here had granted an extension of two months to the Central agency to submit its charge sheet. Another extension of thirty days was granted on August 5 after the NIA said the investigation was still underway.

Show Full Article
TAGS:NIA Antilia bomb scare case Sachin vaze 
Next Story