Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
Russia invades Ukraine; unusual military action
access_time 2022-02-24T15:55:36+05:30
The PFI hunt
access_time 2022-09-24T09:33:37+05:30
Can the Supreme Court rein in hate speech?
access_time 2022-09-23T10:06:00+05:30
Can the United Nations be a meaningful body?
access_time 2022-09-22T09:33:21+05:30
Keralas intoxicating lucky bumper scam
access_time 2022-09-21T15:43:40+05:30
Kerala Governors no-holds-barred presser
access_time 2022-09-20T09:31:23+05:30
DEEP READ
Iraq on the brink of an irreparable collapse!
access_time 2022-09-12T11:35:52+05:30
The myth of Russian humiliation
access_time 2022-09-05T14:53:28+05:30
China has a valid claim to Taiwan
access_time 2022-09-01T10:38:20+05:30
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightNo one questioned me...

No one questioned me about allegations of taking '2 crores for the tweet': Mohammed Zubair

text_fields
bookmark_border
No one questioned me about allegations of taking 2 crores for the tweet: Mohammed Zubair
cancel

New Delhi: Two days after leaving Tihar Jail, fact checker Mohammed Zubair on Friday said that no one questioned him about the allegation that he received ₹ 2 crores for the tweets he posted on his Twitter handle.

"I came to know about this allegation only after my release. No investigation agency asked me about it," he said.

The allegation had been first made by the Uttar Pradesh government in a UP Court. Additional Advocate General Garima Prashad, appearing for the Uttar Pradesh government had said that the petitioner is not a journalist and alleged that "he is earning by making malicious tweets. The more malicious the tweets are, the more payment he gets".

"He has accepted that he has received ₹ 2 crore for his tweets. He is no journalist", she said, adding that here is a person who takes advantage of hate speech videos and makes them viral to create a communal divide.

Meanwhile, Zubair said that he will continue to work as he used to. Zubair was arrested by the Delhi Police on June 27 for allegedly hurting religious sentiments through his tweets.

"I will do my work as I used to as the honourable court (Supreme Court) has not put any restriction," Zubair said.

While ordering his release yesterday, the Supreme Court had said, "It's a set principle of law that power of arrests must be pursued sparingly. In the present case no justification to keep him in continued detention and subject him to an endless round of proceedings in various courts."

The court disbanded a special probe in UP against Mohammed Zubair and transferred all UP cases to Delhi. The judges also rejected the Uttar Pradesh government's request that Mohammed Zubair be "stopped from putting out tweets".

The fact checker also said that he was not tortured by the police.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Mohammed Zubair Alt News co-founder 
Next Story