Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightSeven die in...

Seven die in Maharashtra after consuming sanitiser

Seven die in Maharashtra after consuming sanitiser

Mumbai: Seven people died in Maharashtra's Yavatmal, 700 kilometres from Mumbai, from consumption of hand sanitiser as liquor shops were closed.

The incident happened in Vani village in the district on Friday. The police say someone misled them by saying that 30 millilitres of sanitiser would be an alternative for 250 ml alcohol. They were admitted with complaints of burns in the mouth and stomach, vomiting, and giddiness before succumbing to death at a hospital.

The police has announced an investigation on the incident, says the Yavatmal District Magistrate. Though after postmortem, three cases were reported, the rest were buried by relatives without informing the authorities.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Alcohol Hand sanitiser 
Next Story