Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
keyboard_arrow_down
Login
exit_to_app
What is Halal? Market strategies and controversy
access_time 2021-01-19T15:54:19+05:30
Arnabs chats cannot be ignored
access_time 2021-01-18T11:33:12+05:30
Women and girls need to be safe
access_time 2021-01-15T15:08:45+05:30
Another Trump impeachment
access_time 2021-01-15T11:16:29+05:30
DEEP READAll arrow_drop_down
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightWorldchevron_right45 killed in...

45 killed in Afghanistan suicide attack

text_fields
bookmark_border
45 killed in Afghanistan suicide attack
cancel

Kabul: At least 45 people were killed and 60 wounded Sunday in a suicide bomb attack at a volleyball ground in Afghanistan's Paktika province, officials said.

"Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani condemned in strongest terms today's suicide blast in Yahya Khel district of Paktika province which left about 45 innocent civilians dead and injured more than 60 others," Xinhua quoted the Presidential Palace as saying in a statement.

The explosion took place during a volleyball match, according to the statement.

The president ordered the authorities to provide best medical treatment for the wounded in the province bordering Pakistan, it noted.

"The barbaric attack to civilians in Paktika is not acceptable. It is a massacre and terrorists are responsible for their dead," First Vice President General Abdul Rashid Dostum said in his condemnation message on Twitter.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The attack came as the lower house of the Afghan parliament endorsed a security and defence agreement with the US and a similar pact with the NATO earlier in the day.

Since the US and NATO-led forces' combat mission ends by the end of 2014, the agreements allow both the US and NATO to keep limited number of troops - probably 12,000 - beyond 2014 in Afghanistan to advise and train Afghan national security forces.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story