Thiruvananthapuram: Rubbishing corruption allegations levelled in a section of the media, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday has said preparations for the 35th National Games are progressing well.
"The reports that are now coming out with regards to the organising of the mega sporting event is baseless," said Chandy to reporters following the weekly cabinet meeting.
"The team from the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has been keeping track of the progress and the last time they met me, they said things are going on well. You do not need to have any fears about the event," said Chandy.
Earlier in the day, Sports Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan told reporters that they are ready for the event and dismissed fears aroused by a particular section of the media that the event might be postponed.
"We are ready to stage the event and transparency in all dealings has been the hallmark of the organisers. The very purpose of putting everything as it happens on the website is part of our commitment towards social audit. The IOA officials are now expected to be here for two days starting 15th of this month. Once their visit is over, I will take you ( media) to the venues to clear all your doubts," said Radhakrishnan.
He also added that if by any chance certain sporting equipment failed to arrive on time, alternate arrangements were already in place.
The Games will be held in 30 venues across seven districts of the state from Jan 31 to Feb 14.