Thiruvananthapuram: Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala Thursday denied the allegations raised by Chief Whip P.C George against the State DGP in connection with the Chandrabose murder case.
"We have full confidence in the DGP and his track record also speaks for his integrity," the Home Minister told reporters here.
"As and when (Chief Whip) George produces evidence, we will look into it. We do not think that the DGP has intervened in this case and he has the full support of the government," said Chennithala.
“The probe is proceeding in the right direction. No attempts have been made to shield the accused in the case,” he said.
George told reporters in the morning that he has solid evidence and showed two CDs which would be handed over to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Chennithala Friday.
"Both of them would be shocked when they go through the evidence which reveals the direct involvement of the DGP in hushing up the case. Jacob Job, the Thrissur police commissioner, was suspended from service because he did not do what was asked by the DGP," George had told reporters on Thursday morning at Kottayam.
Last month, controversial millionaire businessman Muhammed Nizam allegedly vented his anger against a security guard in a posh villa complex in Thrissur after he delayed opening the entrance gate.
After first beating him up, Nisham allegedly knocked down the guard with his luxury vehicle.
The seriously injured guard, Chandra Bose, was taken to a hospital where he died on on February 16.
The minister also objected to television news channels airing juicy stories of the businessman's alleged links with top politicians cutting across party lines.
"Lots of reports that are coming in the media are not true...," said Chennithala.
The budget session of the Kerala assembly will begin here Friday, and the evidence which George will be releasing is likely to rock the house in the coming days.