Thiruvananthapuram: The state cabinet Wednesday decided to seek an explanation from senior IPS officer Jacob Thomas for interacting with the media without the permission in connection with his transfer from the Kerala Fire and Rescue Forces.
Jacob Thomas had told media that as many as 77 big buildings were constructed violating security norms in the state.
He said that though a notice was issued to these buildings while serving as the fire force chief, he was removed from the post before taking further steps.
With the allegations that he was transferred owing to pressure from realtors, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had defended the action, saying the officer had tried to put the government to shame through his acts.
“Several complaints had been received against DGP Jacob Thomas, who was recently removed as the head of Fire and Rescue Services, and many of his decisions put the government in "embarrassing" situation,” said Chandy.
Meanwhile, an RTI reply from the Chief Minister’s office said there was no complaint against him.
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan had alleged that Thomas was shifted due to 'pressure from flats lobby' as his orders were against the interests of builders.