Thiruvananthapuram: Action has been recommended against officials of the Education Department who are responsible for the errors in the announcement of last year's SSLC examination results, Education Minister P K Abdu Rabb said.
While talking to the media here on Tuesday, the minister said officials at the Examination Centers and Pareeksha Bhavan will face action recommended in the report submitted by the Director of Public Instruction (DPI).
“The officials at Examination Centers and data entry operators at the Pareeksha Bhavan were at fault. They committed mistakes in noting down the marks properly. The core supervisors at Pareeksha Bhavan and chief superintendents and system managers at Examination Centers were also responsible for the errors,” Rabb said.
"The government will issue a directive to the DPI to initiate department-level action against the concerned officials."
The State witnessed a record pass percentage of 97.99 for the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) exam, results of which was declared on April 20.
However, like previous years, the results stirred up controversies with several errors and inaccurate information appearing in the data published by the government.
The errors had forced the education department to announce revised results.