Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
His name is Khan, after all
access_time 2021-10-17T20:33:29+05:30
Five years on,  Najeeb still missing
access_time 2021-10-14T11:35:37+05:30
access_time 2021-10-13T13:28:12+05:30
More than just an award, a message
access_time 2021-10-11T09:31:16+05:30
Facebook with a saffron tinge
access_time 2021-10-09T11:15:52+05:30
DEEP READ
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightMa’dani can approach...

Ma’dani can approach trial court seeking to combine trials: SC

text_fields
bookmark_border
Ma’dani can approach trial court seeking to combine trials: SC
cancel

New Delhi: The Supreme Court Thursday asked Abdul Nazir Ma'dany, leader of Kerala-based People's Democratic Party (PDP), to move the trial court with his plea seeking clubbing of nine cases registered against him and others in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts.

A bench, comprising Justices J Chelameswar and A M Sapre, asked Ma'dany to move the trial court within a week with the prayer seeking clubbing of the cases and adjourned hearing on his plea by four more weeks.

The bench had earlier said it would first examine the legal provisions before deciding whether to conduct a joint trial or not.

Advocate Prashant Bhushan, appearing for Ma'dany, had said there were 254 common witnesses in nine cases lodged in 2008 and sought joint trial for all cases.

Senior advocate Raju Ramachandran had opposed this submission and said he should approach the trial court first.

Ma'dany is the prime accused in the Bangalore serial blast cases of July 25, 2008, when nine bombs had exploded in the city, killing two people and injuring 20 others.

In July last year, the court had granted one-month bail to Ma'dany on health grounds.

The court had also said the Karnataka government was at liberty to take all steps to ensure that he did not get in touch with witnesses in the case, including putting him under surveillance.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story