Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Womens Day: Building a digitally equal world
access_time 8 March 2023 4:38 AM GMT
Women must arise now and embrace equity
access_time 7 March 2023 10:52 AM GMT
The criminal case against Vladimir Putin
access_time 27 Feb 2023 9:46 AM GMT
Censorship that stifles free speech
access_time 24 Feb 2023 7:02 AM GMT
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_right'Infosys techie had...

'Infosys techie had complained about guard to company'

Infosys techie had complained about guard to company

Kozhikode: The 23-year-old Infosys techie who was allegedly murdered by a security guard had complained about his "advances" to the company but no action had been taken against him, her family member said here.

Rasila Raju OP, who hailed from Kozhikode district, was allegedly strangulated with a computer cable by the guard, Bhaben Saikia, after she chided him for staring at her.

Her body was found in a conference room on the 9th floor of the Infosys building in Phase II of Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park at Pune Sunday evening.

"We will file a complaint for a detailed inquiry into Rasila's death. Earlier, while making calls here she had mentioned about the same security guard making advances towards her. Though she had complained to the company officials no action had been taken," her maternal uncle Manoj told PTI today.

The alleged murder of the 23-year-old systems engineer has come as a shock to her family which was making arrangements for her marriage.

A pall of gloom descended on the village of Kizhakkal Kadavu in the district as the news of the death trickled in.

"It is a rude shock for us. Rasila had made a call to her stepmother about 2.30 p m yesterday and was speaking casually," Manoj said.

Saikia, a security guard from Terrier Security Services deployed at the campus, has been remanded in police custody till February 4 after police nabbed him at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai.

Rasila had visited her native village only two months back.

Her father Raju, who is working as a Home Guard with Kunnamangalam police station, left for Pune along with some relatives this morning around 8.00 a m following an intimation from her office last night that Rasila had "a medical emergency."

Her relatives enquired with their contacts at Pune and got to know what had happened to Rasila.

Her mother had died two years back due to cancer.

Rasila's brother Rijeesh is working abroad.

Show Full Article
Next Story