Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
DEEP READ
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightBudget leaked online;...

Budget leaked online; Opposition stages walk-out

text_fields
bookmark_border
Budget leaked online; Opposition stages walk-out
cancel

Thiruvananthapuram: The Congress-led opposition on Friday walked out of the assembly, saying the 2017-2018 Budget presented by Finance Minister Thomas Isaac had been leaked, due to which it had lost its sanctity.

As the Minister began his speech at 9 a.m., Leader of Opposition Ramesh Chennithala interrupted him at around 11.22 a.m, and told the assembly the Budget has been leaked and all what Issac was going to speak had already appeared on the social networking sites.

"Such a thing is a first of its kind and is of a very serious nature and he (Isaac) is a very active participant on the social media and hence his office is fully responsible for this sham," said Chennithala, who was seen holding papers which he said was the copy of Kerala Budget on the social media.

However, Isaac said he was not aware of it.

"I will certainly reply to this, after I complete my budget presentation and I will also inform the speaker," said Isaac.

Unhappy with the turn of events, the Congress members shouted slogans and walked out of the house protesting that the sanctity of the budget has been lost.

This is the eight budget that the economist-turned-politician Isaac presented on Friday.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story