Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Madhyamam
    keyboard_arrow_down
    Login
    exit_to_app
    exit_to_app
    Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightGirl dies after being...

    Girl dies after being bit by snake inside classroom

    text_fields
    bookmark_border
    Girl dies after being bit by snake inside classroom
    cancel

    Wayanad: A 10-year-old girl died after being bit by a snake inside her classroom at Sultan Bathery in Wayanad district, police said on Thursday

    The fifth standard student, Shehala, was taken to the hospital only an hour after the incident, students of the government vocational higher secondary school alleged

    A classmate alleged that the teacher continued with the class, saying the child's father will take her to hospital

    By then the girl's leg had turned blue, she said

    The incident occurred on Wednesday

    Television channels aired visuals of the classroom with a hole beneath the desk where the child was seated

    A teacher has been suspended, pending inquiry, government sources said

    Shahnawaz, a relative of the child, alleged that there was lapse on the part of the school and a hospital where she was first taken

    The child was later referred to the Kozhikode Medical college

    Wayanad district collector Adeela Abdulla termed the incident as "most unfortunate" and said action will be taken against those responsible

    An education department official has been asked to submit report on the allegation of delayed medical assistance to the child

    The Additional district magistrate has been asked to visit the school, she said

    A deputy director, who came to the school, inspected the classroom Thursday morning

    Education minister C Raveendranath has sought a report on the matter

    Meanwhile, angry local people and relatives barged into the staff room and tried to attack the teachers present, but were dissuaded by police personnel who are maintaining tight vigil at the school.

     

    Show Full Article
    TAGS:
    Web Title - Girl dies after being bit by snake inside classroom
    Next Story