City bids goodbye to Kerala family who died in Nepaltext_fields
Thiruvananthapuram: It was a goodbye that Thiruvananthapuram has perhaps not seen before, as hundreds of people, a majority of them unknown, came to pay last respects to the five-members of the Nair family, who died early this week, breathing poisonous gas in a room in a resort in Nepal.
The parents of Praveen Nair live in the outskirts of the capital city and right from early morning, thousands were waiting for the arrival of the bodies from the mortuary of the Medical College hospital, here, where the bodies first arrived, late last night from Delhi.
On Friday morning, the bodies were brought in a motorcade to the home where Praveen Nair's aged parents live where they were kept for two hours for people to pay their last respects. Many were seen teary eyed and those who knew the family were wailing loudly, unable to control their emotions.
The dead include Nair, who worked in the UAE and was on a short vacation here, when the tragedy struck the family. His wife Sharanya was a second year M.Pharma student and their three children also passed away along with three other persons, who hail from Kozhikode.
The family of Nair decided to bury the bodies of the three children and cremate the bodies of Praveen and Sharanya. It was also decided to bury the ashes of the couple alongside their three children in the compound of their house.