Thiruvananthapuram: After a lull of reassurance, the state is in the midst of angst following new Covid 19 cases. It is all the more so, as the total number of Covid 19 cases in the state jumped to 14. In order to make precautionary efforts effective, the government has clamped health emergency. Involvement of government alone wouldn’t be sufficient, and both the government and people should join hands, hence the emergency is clamped, the Chief Minister said.
- All public events including those involving ministers have been cancelled till March 31.
- Either cancel or put controls on the festivals, or limit them to just performing rituals. Avoid group pilgrimage to Sabarimala. However, go ahead with poojas and other rituals.
- Wedding should be limited to just bare rituals. Cancel all annual club festivals, and cultural programmes for a month.
- Cinemas, theatres will be locked down till March 31.
- Precautions should be in place at government offices; use sanitizers, avoid handshaking.
- Strict action would be taken against spreading fake news.
- Even so professional institutions are closed, medical educational institutions are exempted from the order, said the director of medical education.
- All eco-tourism spots in the state would be temporarily closed, said Surendra Kumar, the chief wild life warden. All group activities in the forest are cancelled till March 31.