Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightLifestylechevron_rightEducationchevron_rightEnd-year examination...

End-year examination cancelled for 9, 10, and 11 grade in Tamil Nadu; Students to be promoted

text_fields
bookmark_border
End-year examination cancelled for 9, 10, and 11 grade in Tamil Nadu; Students to be promoted
cancel

Chennai: Tamil Nadu CM Edapadi Palaniswami announced the state's decision to promote 9, 10, and 11-grade students without year-end examinations on Wednesday. The decision is based on a report by medical experts stating there is no provision to conduct SSLC and plus one exam in the given circumstances. There would be no year-end exams in this academic year ('20-'21) in the state. Parents, teachers, and education experts also had raised concerns in the matter, added Palaniswami.

Marks attained for internal assessments would be considered. Scores of exams conducted for the earlier terms would account for 80 per cent and attendance for the remaining 20 per cent.

The state government has gauged that the Covid situation in the state is still beyond control. A few days ago, it had announced that 12th-grade exams would be conducted from May 3rd to May 21st. After a long break, classes for 10, 12-grade students had begun in January. The government also claimed of distributing vitamin and zinc tablets to students to build immunity against the virus.

Additionally, the CM stated that curfew would be reinstated from March 23rd to contain the pandemic.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Education updates Schools Pandemic 
Next Story