Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightMan dies after getting ...

Man dies after getting sucked into MRI machine at Mumbai hospital

Man dies after getting sucked into MRI machine at Mumbai hospital

Mumbai: A 32-year-old man died after he inhaled an excessive amount of liquid oxygen in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) room at a hospital here, a senior police official said Sunday.

Rajesh Maru was killed in the incident last evening at the civic-run hospital in Central Mumbai, following which a case was registered against three people -- a doctor, a ward boy and a woman cleaner, police said.

Maru had gone to the hospital for one of his relatives MRI scan, another official said.

The victim, as directed by the doctor, took the patient to the MRI ward for the scan. There an oxygen cylinder leaked, he said.

The oxygen was in liquid form which is poisonous. The victim inhaled it in an excessive amount and died on the spot, another senior police official said.

He said that the patient was not affected in the incident.

The Agripada police have registered a case under IPC section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) against the doctor, the ward boy and a woman cleaner, he said.

No arrest has been made so far, he said, adding that further investigation into the case was on.

Show Full Article
Next Story