Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
keyboard_arrow_down
Login
exit_to_app
The soccer wizard with a political streak
access_time 2020-11-27T11:28:29+05:30
General strike should be a wake-up call
access_time 2020-11-25T11:21:39+05:30
Fearless journalism
access_time 2020-11-23T16:08:15+05:30
Paying attention to the digital age
access_time 2020-11-21T08:46:01+05:30
A victory for democracy
access_time 2020-11-24T11:28:24+05:30
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightSportschevron_rightNadal out of Shanghai...

Nadal out of Shanghai Masters with wrist injury

text_fields
bookmark_border
Nadal out of Shanghai Masters with wrist injury
cancel

Shanghai: Rafael Nadal pulled out of next week's Shanghai Masters on Friday saying he had failed to recover from a wrist injury.

Spain's world number two also withdrew from last month's Laver Cup.

It is the second year in a row that the 19-time Grand Slam champion will have failed to appear in Shanghai.

"As you all probably know, I had an inflammation on my left wrist during the Laver Cup and I haven't had the time to recover and practise to be ready for this amazing event," the 33-year-old said in a statement.

"I hope to be back in Shanghai for the 2020 tournament."            

Tournament director Michael Luevano said: "We will obviously miss not having Rafa here at the Shanghai Masters. He has been an incredible supporter of the tournament and of tennis in China.

"Also, on a personal note, as well as speaking for the entire family at the Shanghai Masters, we wish Rafa and his fiance Maria Francisca all the very best for their upcoming wedding."   Reigning US Open champion Nadal is set to tie the knot on October 19.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Web Title - Nadal out of Shanghai Masters with wrist injury
Next Story