Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightWorldchevron_rightPolice probe shooting...

Police probe shooting on Hollywood set, interview Alec Baldwin

text_fields
bookmark_border
Police probe shooting on Hollywood set, interview Alec Baldwin
cancel

Following the tragic death of Ukranian cinematographer Halnya Hutchins on the sets of the movie 'Rust' last Thursday, police have launched a probe into the matter. Hutchins was allegedly accidentally shot by actor Alec Baldwin who fired a prop gun that was loaded with a single live round instead of fake ammunition (blanks).

Director Joel Souza, 48, who was standing behind her as they lined up a shot, was wounded and hospitalized, then released.

No charges have been filed against the Hollywood actor but police are looking into the sequence of events that would have allowed live ammunition to be put into a prop gun despite safety regulations. Assistant Director Dave Halls, identified as the man who handed the gun to Baldwin during a rehearsal, called out "cold gun" as he did so -- industry code to indicate the weapon had only a blank charge. The court document filed by the sheriff's office said Halls was unaware the gun was actually loaded.

Baldwin is cooperating with the investigation and so far reports suggest that he was unaware that the gun contained a real bullet. The guidelines laid down by the Actors' Equity Association group state clearly that all prop guns must be checked and tested by prop master, including test firing before handing to an actor.

The Los Angeles Times reported tip-offs from anonymous sources who said there had been at least three accidental firings on set and that higher-ups in the crew had been warned of 'unsafe' working conditions.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Hollywood Shooting Alec Baldwin Movie Shoot Investigation Police Probe 
Next Story