UK royal family will not release report on alleged bullying by Meghan Markletext_fields
London: A Buckingham Palace investigation into allegations that Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex bullied royal staff members won't be released, according to a new report from The Sunday Times.
This is despite how the investigation into the claims has led to Buckingham Palace "improving the policies and procedures" in its human resources department. According to The Times, Buckingham Palace launched an investigation last year and gathered testimony from staff about their experiences of working for Meghan, before she and her husband Prince Harry quit frontline duties in January 2020.
During a briefing on the annual royal finances report, published Thursday, a senior palace source said the findings from the report will "be kept under wraps to protect the privacy of those who took part and to limit tensions between the Sussexes and the palace," according to the Times. The publication also reports that some people involved in the inquiry are upset that it's being "buried."
"Because of the confidentiality of the discussions we have not communicated the detailed recommendations," they said.
"The recommendations have been incorporated within policies and procedures wherever appropriate, and policies and procedures have changed."
Meghan and Harry shocked the royal family when they accused unnamed members of racism during an interview with US talk show star Oprah Winfrey.
She denied the bullying allegations, which first emerged in March 2021, just before the Oprah interview, and called them "a calculated smear campaign".