Coconut oil is most popular for its hydrating properties. It is suitable for all skin types and good for dry skin, dry patches and wounds, say experts.
Swati Kapoor, Co-Founder, SoulTree, Ragini Mehra, Founder, Beauty Source, and Aakriti Kochar, Beauty and Make-up Expert, Oriflame India, tell different ways to use coconut oil for beauty regime.
* Coconut oil can be used as make-up remover as it is mild and gently removes all kind of make-up including waterproof make-up as well.
* It can be used on body as well for massage and relaxation. As massage oil, its most important property is hydration and glow.
* Most of the moisturisers available in the market are water or petroleum based, coconut oil, on the other hand, is completely natural and a much better moisturiser for the skin. Coconut oil fights redness and irritation so it reduces acne while leaving your skin conditioned from within.
* Using coconut oil regularly underneath and around your eye area can prevent wrinkles and reduce puffiness and under-eye circles.
* Mix honey and coconut oil in equal parts and apply it as a face mask. The mask will help to clear acne and keep skin soft and glowing.
* You can mix coarse sugar with coconut oil and use it to exfoliate skin, the grainy sugar will slough off dead skin and the oil will leave the skin moisturised.
* Instead of bubble baths and bath salts, try using coconut oil. The hot water melts the oil, and you can literally soak into its moisturising benefits.
* Rub coconut oil on minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises. The oil calms the area and creates a barrier against dirt and bacteria.