Three tribal women electrocuted to death in Odishatext_fields
Bhubaneswar: Three tribal women were electrocuted to death after they came in contact with live fire in the forest area of Keonjhar district in Odisha. They were from the Juanga tribe.
The police said the women had gone to the forest near their village to feed goats. One of the animals accidentally came in contact with the live wire and the women were trying to save the goat. All three were electrocuted one after the other which led to their deaths.
Their bodies have been sent for post-mortem. The deceased have been identified as Niradhi Juanga, Kathi Juanga, and Manjari Juanga from Tangiri village. It is alleged that the live wire was drawn into the forest by some people on purpose. They were trying to protect their crops from wild animals.
In another similar incident, a young man was electrocuted to death in the Mayurbhanj district. He and his friends were trying to catch fish by dipping live electric wires in a water body.