Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
exit_to_app
His name is Khan, after all
access_time 2021-10-18T10:43:46+05:30
Not Rahul; Time for Priyanka in Uttar Pradesh
access_time 2021-10-18T15:35:44+05:30
Five years on,  Najeeb still missing
access_time 2021-10-14T11:35:37+05:30
access_time 2021-10-13T13:28:12+05:30
More than just an award, a message
access_time 2021-10-11T09:31:16+05:30
DEEP READ
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightKochi Corporation Oppn ...

Kochi Corporation Oppn councillors call off strike

text_fields
bookmark_border
Kochi Corporation Oppn councillors call off strike
cancel

Kochi: The indefinite hunger strike called by the majority members of the Kochi Corporation demanding a judicial probe into the Fort Kochi boat mishap case has been called off on Friday.

The Opposition members decided to end the strike after the talks led by Transport minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan.

The minister told the protesters that a judicial probe could be announced only after a court verdict on the issue.

Thiruvanchoor said the government will not oppose the demand for a judicial probe at the court. He also assigned the district collector to study if it is feasible to pay more compensation to the victims.

The councillors were on an indefinite agitation, with some of them going on hunger strike, for days now demanding judicial probe into the mishap which claimed 11 lives last month.

Show Full Article
TAGS:
Next Story